Over the years I have noticed some patterns in my life. Some I like, Some I don’t. For instance….Patterns I like…
- I make coffee every night before I go to bed that way in the morning I can just hit the start button.
- I keep my house super clean and my bed made (for the most part)
- I always try to go out of my way to help people.
Patterns I don’t like…
- After a few years max I am ready for a new job. I get so bored if nothing exciting is happening..
- I like notebooks. I will buy a new one every other week with the intention of writing and yet it sits blank. Thinking that if I get a new one it will motivate me to write more!
- I enjoy working out. But as soon as a day or two interrupts my workout routine it takes me forever to work out again..
These are just a few random things I notice about myself, there are some in my life that are more serious than these that can really effect the way I live if I don’t do something about them. The thing about patterns in our life is that they are just that.. Patterns. www.dictionary.com defines Patterns as this: a combination of qualities, acts, tendencies, etc., forming a consistent or characteristic arrangementThat definition really made me think this morning. “Forming a consistent or characteristic arrangement”. There are some patterns in my life that are great and I am happy for them to become a consistent part of my character, but then there are others that I really need to step back and take a look at. Patters are just something that we do, most of the time without even noticing. Positive or negative this happens to everyone.
Today I am challenging myself to look more closely at what I do throughout the day. To pay attention to the decisions that I make and why I make them. In order to change the negative patterns in life we have to first become aware that they even exist. And throughout the day we may find some really great patterns that we do that we are not even aware of!